Question: How Many Times Is The Word Love Used In The New Testament?
- 1 How many times did Jesus use the word love?
- 2 What word is used 365 times in the Bible?
- 3 Is love mentioned in the Old Testament?
- 4 How many love words are in the Bible?
- 5 What did Jesus say about fear?
- 6 What is the most repeated verse in the Bible?
- 7 How many times is believe in the Bible?
- 8 How is God’s love shown in the Old Testament?
- 9 What is the original word for love in the Bible?
- 10 When was the word love first used?
- 11 What are the 7 types of love?
- 12 What are the 3 kinds of love?
- 13 What are the 4 types of love?
How many times did Jesus use the word love?
The word “love” appears 57 times in the Gospel of John, more often than in the other three gospels combined. Additionally, it appears 46 times in the First Epistle of John. In the Gospel of John, love for Christ results in the following of his commandments.
What word is used 365 times in the Bible?
“ ‘Fear not,’ is in the Bible 365 times,” she said. My friend’s wise words prompted me to study my Bible. I learned that the Bible commands that we “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
Is love mentioned in the Old Testament?
It is interesting to note that the first time the word “love” is used in the Bible is in Genesis 22:2 – “Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
How many love words are in the Bible?
Four unique forms of love are found in Scripture. They are communicated through four Greek words (Eros, Storge, Philia, and Agape) and are characterized by romantic love, family love, brotherly love, and God’s divine love.
What did Jesus say about fear?
” ‘So do not fear; I will provide for you and your little ones. ‘ Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.” ” You shall not fear them, for it is the LORD your God who fights for you.” “And the LORD said to Joshua, ‘Do not fear and do not be dismayed.
What is the most repeated verse in the Bible?
Jon: The most quoted verse by biblical authors in the Bible is Exodus 34:6-7.
How many times is believe in the Bible?
On Believing and John’s Gospel John’s gospel uses the word pisteuw, which we translate as “to believe,” over 100 times. This accounts for almost half of the occurrences in the entire New Testament.
How is God’s love shown in the Old Testament?
The Old Testament uses a rich vocabulary to express the love of God, as a concept that appears in many instances. For example, the prophet Hosea saw God’s love as the basis for the election of Israel (cf. Hosea 11:1). In Isaiah 38, God expresses his love for individuals as well.
What is the original word for love in the Bible?
Words for “love” in the Bible. In the Greek New Testament, there are three different words used which can be translated by the English word “love”: agape (grc: ἀγάπη; love, charity) and words derived from it. philia (grc: φιλία; friendship, love) and words derived from it.
When was the word love first used?
The first known use of love was before the 12th century It’s just the beginning.
What are the 7 types of love?
The 7 Kinds of Love
- Ludus – Playful Love. Playful love is known as Ludus.
- Philia – Friendship Love. Philia is the deep and wholesome love you feel towards your friends, colleagues or team mates.
- Storge- Maternal Love.
- Pragma – Long-lasting Love.
- Philautia – Self Love.
- Agape – Universal Love.
What are the 3 kinds of love?
Each love feels totally unique from the other and teaches us something different that shapes the person that we becoming. The three types of love are the first love, the intense love, and the unconditional love.
What are the 4 types of love?
The Four Types of Love: Some Are Healthy, Some Are Not
- Eros: erotic, passionate love. We might as well get that one out of the way first.
- Philia: love of friends and equals.
- Storge: love of parents for children.
- Agape: love of mankind.